Calls for Participation
JCDL 2021 Programme ChairsDana McKay email@example.comHussein Suleman firstname.lastname@example.org
JCDL is an inter- and multi-disciplinary community of academics and practitioners in computer, information and social sciences and related disciplines, including museum and library professionals and archivists. Digital Libraries is a broad discipline encompassing notions of managing, operating, developing, curating, evaluating, or utilizing collections of data/information/knowledge within public and private spheres.
We invite submissions in many forms: short and long papers, panels, posters, tutorials, and workshops. We will also host a Doctoral Consortium.
We invite you to make original submissions on related research and practice. We especially welcome topics related to and informed by the theory and practice of digital libraries in times of crises.
Topics of interest, as they relate to digital libraries, include, but are not limited to:
· Collaborative and participatory information environments
· Crowdsourcing and human computation
· Cyberinfrastructure architectures, applications, and deployments
· Data curation and stewardship
· Digital humanities and heritage
· Digital preservation
· Distributed information systems
· Document genres
· Extracting semantics, entities, and patterns from large collections
· Hypertext and Web/network science
· Human-information Interaction
· Information and knowledge systems
· Information retrieval
· Information visualization
· Infrastructure and service design
· Knowledge discovery
· Linked data and its applications
· Performance evaluation
· Personal digital information management
· Policy and law
· Privacy and Intellectual property
· Scientific data management
· Social media, architecture, and applications
· Social networks, virtual organizations and networked information
· User behavior and modeling
· User communities
All submissions will be rigorously peer-reviewed and must be original works, not previously published or under review for publication elsewhere.
Submissions are to be made in electronic format via the conference’s EasyChair submission page (https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=jcdl2021).
Submission Deadlines:15 March 2021 – Full paper and short paper submissions15 March 2021 – Poster and demo submissions22 March 2021 – Tutorial, workshop and panel submissions28 June 2021 – Doctoral consortium submissions