· Support and advise researchers in RDM matters like
· producing FAIR research data,
· financial and legal requirements concerning research data,
· prepare and implement RDM plans,
· handling privacy-sensitive data,
· storage and publication of research data
· Contribute to the development of data stewardship and RDM services at TU/e
· Contribute to and communicate TU/e RDM policy
· Apply financial and legal requirements to RDM services
· Develop and providing training and courses in RDM skills
· Further develop and maintain RDM information channels for researchers (e.g. the website)
· Achieve a functional and appropriate services supply chain to researchers in coordination with colleagues
· An academic level of work and thinking, preferably a completed Master or PhD in the technical sciences, and an affinity with research practice.
· You are a proactive and enthusiastic professional who gains energy from pioneering and collaborating within a relatively new field of work in support of scientific research. In addition, your attitude is goal and result oriented.
· You are good at transferring and sharing knowledge.
· Preferably you have experience in handling privacy-sensitive data and knowledge of GDPR, and/or willingness to develop yourself further in this field.
· You have experience in or a demonstrable affinity with research data management and data stewardship within higher education or a research institution.
· You have knowledge which will contribute to producing FAIR research data, e.g. from ICT, data science and metadata (standards).
· You can find ways to connect requirements of scientists, legal requirements and policy ambitions concerning research data management, and solutions from data stewardship and ICT.
· You are customer-oriented and gain energy from supporting and solving issues for others,
· You like to act as an spider in the web and feel comfortable with connecting people and building networks,
· You can easly assimilate knowledge and are not afraid to learn on the job,
· You are proficient in the English language, both orally and in writing. Proficiency in the Dutch language is not a requirement, but it is an advantage.
Conditions of employment
Information and application
· For more detailed information about the job please contact Iza Witkowska, Departmental Head Research Data Management, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
· For questions about conditions of employment contact the HR Services section, HRServices.SupportUnits[at]tue.nl personeelszakendiensten[at]tue.nl, tel. 040 - 247 4486.
· More information can be obtained from the link: https://www.tue.nl/en/working-at-tue/why-tue/compensation-and-benefits/
Would you like to work on shaping tomorrow’s world? Contribute to groundbreaking innovations and developments in technological knowledge? Are you a team player who feels at home in an international and interdisciplinary environment? Then we are looking for you!
Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) is an internationally oriented research university, specializing in engineering, science & technology and is known for its large scientific impact and its role in developing technological innovations. TU/e is a university at the center of society and sets its focus on complex social challenges by concentrating its education and research on three Strategic Areas: Energy, Health and Smart Mobility.
An ambitious university requires dedicated support to our scientists – with the TU/e Data Management & Library (DML) teams playing a key role within the fields of Research Data Management (RDM), General Data Management and Open Science. Furthermore, the DML comprises the University library and archives, and provides information skills training to bachelor, master and PhD students. The DML staff totals 50 employees.
We are looking for a research data management specialist (data steward) with an enterprising and customer-oriented attitude, who will shape RDM support to the university’s researchers. You will assist researchers in producing FAIR research data, and so contribute to reuse and reproducibility of research results and enhance scientific impact. Your work will cover a broad scope and vary from assistance in RDM planning, advice on storage, archiving and publication of research data, handling privacy-sensitive data, to providing and developing training in RDM skills.
Besides, you will contribute to the further development of data stewardship within TU/e. You report to the Head of Research Data Management and closely cooperate with colleague data stewards (DML), colleagues from Information & Management Services (IMS) and other services.
You are expected to have the following qualifications and characteristics:
You will be appointed for a one-year period. Appointment via Euflex (the TU/e secondment organization) will be considered. If performance is good, this appointment may be made permanent. Full-time gross salary, depending on knowledge and experience, will be a minimum of € 2.790,- and a maximum of € 4.402,- (salary scale 10 CAO NU and UFO profile Specialist Scientific Information 2). The year-end allowance is 8,3% of the annual salary (corresponding to a monthly salary). The holiday allowance is 8% of the annual salary. In addition, TU/e offers excellent secondary conditions of employment (e.g. day care for children, a minimum of 41 days of leave based on a 40-hour working week and excellent sports facilities).
If you are interested in this vacancy you can apply by uploading your motivation and your curriculum vitae via the “Apply for this job” button. The closing date for this vacancy is 4 January 2021.
The interviews will take place in the week 2 and 3.
Internal candidates will have preference to external candidates.
Acquisition with regard to this vacancy is not appreciated.